Tuesday, August 4, 2009

meal planning, the sign of an optimist

I have attempted meal planning in the past. I made a menu for a months worth of meals, shopped to list, followed the plan. It was beautiful.

Then the month was over.

I haven't planned a single meal since. Every night my husband and I scramble around the kitchen trying to decided what to feed the kids. Many nights it is bathtime before we figure out what to do. Mom of the year.

Today I sat down and planned meals on my GOOGLE CALENDAR! Genius! I just set them to repeat every other week for eternity. I am planning to have some flexibility. I will allow my family to veto, or reshuffle. Even if I decide to go way off I will have this for a fall back. Maybe I'll get really ambitious and put together a grocery list that I can recycle. Maybe. Next week.

Those of you who know me know that this accomplishment alone might me the apex of my organizational skills. It is that big.

One cool side effect is that I can tell you what is for dinner on my 50th birthday. If I felt like looking it up. Who wants to see that far into the future anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment