Friday, February 12, 2010

Great Day

When I went to pick my son up from school today after lunch he asked if he could please stay until the end of the day.

Wow.  What a turn around.  I was nervous about it, but let him.  They were to have a Valentine's Day "party" and card exchange and he wanted to stay.  We walked back to his class and one of the boys asked somewhat disappointedly if he was leaving.  "We're having a party!" he said as if trying to convince my boy to stay.  To the class' relief they were informed that he would be staying for the party.

When I went to retrieve him after school he told me that he had a "great" day.

Even better he came in to my office later.

"Hey, Mom.  Sometimes if I say I never want to go back to school, I don't really mean it.  I want to go to school," he told me just in case I decided to grant his momentary wish.

Looks like he's learned something new already.

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! I am glad he is enjoying himself and making friends!

    ReplyDelete