Friday, January 29, 2010

Back to School

I try not to blog as a means of venting, but right now I can't help it.  As you regular readers know, my 10 year old will be going back to traditional public school... on MONDAY.  I am a nervous wreck.  I feel like I am going to have a heart attack.  Totally FREAKING OUT!

I have met the principle, the psychologist, the vice-principle, and on Monday I will meet his teacher.  The psych. assure me that my baby is getting essentially the greatest 4th grade teacher ever.  Seriously.

I have to go buy big pencils, a rolling backpack, give him a dress code hair cut.  I ordered a fidget toy for him to use in class.  I am fully confident that they will do whatever necessary to educate my Aspie without ruining him, but the anticipation is killing me.  Pray for my baby and for me.  I may need it more.

I am really hoping that his classmates will embrace him in all of his fleece cargo panted, slippered, awkward glory.

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for you, Carli! I wish I was there to have coffee with you!!!

    ReplyDelete