Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Terrorism

I would like to personally thank the media for dubbing the Christmas day bomber the Underwear Bomber.

First let me say I feel for the passengers and crew of the flight, thank God for the malfunction that foiled his plans and the brave people who subdued him, and praise God that it ended the way it did.

But. If the purpose of terrorism is to terrify people then those plans have been foiled by the Underwear Bomber. I can't say it without laughing. My kids can't say it without laughing. My husband can't say it at all because he's laughing. Laughing is pretty far from terror on the emotion spectrum. I realize that this incident is serious, measures need to be taken to promote safety, that is no laughing matter. My message to the terrorists, wouldbes, and wannabes is:

EPIC FAIL! I am laughing at you!

1 comment: