Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Reflections on Family

Family is a rocky road. Sometimes you are blessed with a great one, sometimes you have to find your own. For me family is an amazing collection of people that God has cobbled together through birth and serendipity.

I love my biological family which is like a puzzle with several pieces missing. Those pieces have been lost in moves, chewed up by dogs, hidden out of spite, or accidentally thrown away. The gaps have been slowly filled over time by people brought into my life through marriages, common interests, difficult experiences, and what sometimes looks like dumb luck. The new pieces fit so nicely where I needed them to that it isn't possible that all of them were brought to me by accident.

There is so much beauty in the puzzle that is my family. The pieces are different colors, came from different families and yet they fit so perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment