Friday, June 19, 2009

all calories are not created equal

So in my quest for weight loss I was completely confounded. I was tracking my intake, increasing my activity, feeling worse and gaining weight. WHAT?

As I have shared I suspect food allergies. So I eliminated wheat and corn from my diet. BINGO! I have been gorging myself on gluten free and corn free product for a week and I am losing weight. The bloat is gone, my headaches are gone, my joint pain is gone and I am no longer the crankiest monster on the block. I've just been feeling my way through. I need to get a book so I can identify all of the gluten-y foods (they hide it everywhere I am told). If you know of any great books, blogs, recipes, or tips to share on the subject, please do.

1 comment:

  1. were you having other symptoms besides the bloating, headaches and joint pain?

    ReplyDelete